Built by and for interdisciplinarians.
DES believes in mentoring and continuous education – providing an environment that nurtures growth and career advancement. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, flexible schedule, many special events and services and a great work environment. If you are interested in applying for employment at DES, please click below to view our open positions and apply today!
Perspectives from our team
- “Embedded in our approach is the need to be first to market and able to turn on a dime. Flexibility and adaptability is key to the Valley and to us.”
Susan Eschweiler AIA, CID, LEED AP
- “Having worked in the South for much of my career, I was not familiar with steel structures until I started working with our structural team. I'm also learning a lot about mass timber construction, fulfilling a goal of mine to design a mass timber life science building.”
Dave Hronek LEED AP
- “DES has shown tremendous trust and confidence in my capabilities to work independently, and doing so knowing I have a great team behind me if I need their help and support.”
- “Empowerment at DES has allowed me to grow. I am trusted to make mistakes and discover the best ways to tackle the many situations that I encounter in the profession.”
Dave Leong RA
- “DES has always encouraged growth, be it lunch and learns, training programs, a class or even a degree. If you are eager to grow and learn, DES is eager to reciprocate and be a part of your learning and growth.”
Jasmeet Kahlon LEED AP BD+C, Fitwel Amb
- “We have a lot of respect and admiration for each other, so a lot of the diva complex seen in other firms is lost when you walk through the doors of DES.”
Chris Mateo RLA, SITES AP
- “The core company culture supports constant care and mentoring between team members to promote professional growth.”
Howard Kwok RA
- “Tapping into all parts of DES and brainstorming internally is the fun part…working with structural and civil is always fun, they’re such creative groups. It’s helpful to work in an interdisciplinary way.”
Elizabeth Scholze CID
Benefits & Perks
Free Your Voice
Your voice matters at DES. You directly influence our team’s success by being a part of our culture of trust, innovation and self expression. Your contributions support our collaborative nature and help us take ideas to new places. We proud of the makeup of our workforce and emphasizes continuing education in relation to diversity as a part of our company culture and how we operate on a daily basis.
Work and Live
We believe in supporting the whole you both inside and outside of the workplace. Our hybrid work model sets the stage for you to embrace and celebrate balance while encouraging you to do your best work. With generous time off benefits, physical and mental health awareness and a supportive team environment we keep the whole you in balance.
Fire Up Those Synapses
Continuous learning and growth help to support the whole you. Our collaborative culture of curiosity and continuous learning help to provide you with the roadmap and support to move your career forward. With challenging projects and our strong in-house network of professionals, mentoring and industry leadership we support you professionally.
Community allows us to feel a sense of belonging that we are a part of something larger than ourselves, giving us meaning to our work and enriching our lives. Whether that is building friendships with your peers, volunteering in the community, or taking pride in how the places we design inspire some of the world’s greatest advancements, that commitment to building community is a part of who we are at the very
core of DES.
In support of the whole you we offer a wide range of health & wellness and financial benefits for our team and their families. From no cost premiums for employee healthcare benefits to profit sharing & 401K match plus so much more, we have got the benefits to fit your lifestyle and needs covered!
Celebrate Big & Small
Hard work deserves celebrations! A healthy dose of fun and celebrations are reminders of what’s really important. We appreciate working with talented energetic professionals and never miss an opportunity to celebrate people, events, milestones and achievements.